Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our home away from home - AKA....Hawaiian Falls


 Sam and I bit the bullet this summer and bought season passes to Hawaiian Falls and what a great investment it has been!  The kids love it and it feels like a mini vacation for all of us each time we go.  The first couple of times that we went, I either made sure that it was at a time that Sam could go or I went with a friend.  I was a little nervous about figuring out the logistics of managing 2 kids, a bag of necessities, Cooper's backpack, and a cooler.  I'm happy to say that after 2 times of me flying solo, I have this thing down to a science!  We try to get there and get in line before 10:15 so that we can be sure to get a good spot set up at our favorite area, the wave pool.  Luckily, we have been able to snag a good spot early each time and it's been great!  Cooper loves the wave pool because he can just walk right into and play.  It's nice for me too because I don't feel like I have to constantly have my eye on him, which makes it a little more relaxing for Mommy. :)  Lily is a fish in the water and isn't afraid of any of the slides.  Cooper is easy and along for the ride most of the time.  He sits in my lap on a tube in the wave pool and lazy river and just chills.  Honestly, I think if the sun weren't so bright that he would probably pass smooth out!  There is a really fun kids area that we like to play in.  Lily has always been excited about this area and runs through it like she owns the place.  Cooper was a little slower to adjust, but I'm happy to say that he thinks he is king of the castle when we play there now.  Last week he started out slowly by going down the 2 "baby" slides.  He was a big fan and wanted to do it over and over again.  Today, I was with friends and decided to take him across the rope bridge to a bigger slide that winds down and around.  He LOVED it!  After the first time, he jumped out of the water and started running back to the top to do it again.  He rode the big slide a total of 3 times by himself today and probably would have done it 30 more times if he could have gotten across the rope bridge without me.    I think after spending 5 hours there today that we should probably take a little break!  I'm sure that we will be back soon.............like by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment