Monday, June 27, 2011

Good things come to those who wait.......

So I have been wanting a new couch for a while. Normally when I get it in my head that I want something, and get approval from the boss, I get it.  I convinced Sam that we should get a new couch in March.  We started looking but really didn't find anything that caught our eye.  I told myself that I wasn't going to buy something just to buy it, but that I was going to wait until the perfect couch came along.  Well, I am so glad that I waited!  We were at my friend Erica's on Friday night and her husband showed Sam a couch that they were wanting to get rid of.  Sam told John that he would take a picture and show it to his buddies and work, guaranteeing that it would be gone in a week.  Sam went over to take a picture of it and said, "Man!  Jamie may want this couch!"  I went out and looked at it and he was so right!  It was exactly what I was looking for.............right size, right colors, perfectly comfortable, and not a thing wrong with it.  John was excited to get it out of his garage so that he could build some shelves. :)  We needed to get our old couch out of the way and my other friend Erika just happened to be wanting a new couch as well.  On Sunday, she and her husband, Cecil, came over for breakfast and then Sam and Cecil played a little game of musical couches, and...........BAM.........I have a new (to me) perfect couch!  This proves to me that waiting definitely paid off!  The only payment I made was taking Erica and John's perfect daughter, Maddie, to see Cars 2 with Lily and then she came over and hung out while her mommy and daddy had a date night.  How lucky am I?!?!  Thanks Erica and John!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Wow - I had no idea you had a blog.
    2. Wow!!! LOVE the new couch. I agree - it is perfect and exactly what I would have chosen. Can't wait to crash on it... =)

    ReplyDelete