Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Little Show Offs!

Mimi and Pops are going to be VERY surprised when they come home!  Cooper is a totally different kid than they left in May.  I think they're going to have their feelings hurt because he has become quite the Mommy's boy this summer.  Sam is crossing his fingers that Cooper will be stand off-ish with my parents.  Nothing makes him happier than seeing those two squirm. :)  Cooper is such a little ham!  He is forever doing something to get people to laugh at him, and usually he succeeds.  His latest favorite thing - dancing.  He dances anywhere he hears music.  Hilarious!

Lily has become such a little lady.  I haven't had much alone time with her this summer but really enjoy the one of one time that we do have.  She began taking gymnastics in March and LOVES it!  During the summer, I added an extra class each week.  I mainly did this just to keep her busy, but it has really turned out to be a wonderful decision.  Her main goal in taking gymnastics was to learn how to do a cart wheel. Finally after months of practice, she mastered it last night!  You couldn't have wiped the grin off of her face had you wanted to.  I have never seen her more proud of herself and she had every right to be!  She set a goal and succeeded!

I love these two kids so much!  While I'm excited about the new school year and routine, I am really going to miss spending so much time with Lily and Cooper.  It's so hard to believe that Lily will be 5 in less than 2 weeks and then a month later Cooper will be 2.  We are going to soak up this last couple of weeks together and then it's back to the grind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment